What is Target Squad?
The focus of the program is to promote fun, fitness, and friendship through the sport of gymnastics. It is specifically aimed at Teenagers training with similar goals.
Who Can Join Target Squad?
- Beginners aged 12-17 years*
- Current Recreational Members may be recommended through Club Assessment
- Retiring Competitive Gymnasts transitioning into a less intensive program
*Ages are loosely based on those enrolled in secondary school.
Gymnasts across all club streams and various disciplines are welcome to join in the fun. Class participants are encouraged to get involved in the planning process – to set TARGETS they want to achieve and learn how to organize their own training to reach their individual goals.
What do the Levels mean?
Target Squad is divided up into three levels: Beginners, Intermediate, and Advanced.
- Beginner level is open to NEW members and may be recommended for recreational gymnasts as they enter secondary and shift the focus of their training from competition prep to Keep Fit.
- Intermediate & Advanced level gymnasts can also add this class as a keep additional extra.
- Intermediate Level is recommended for gymnasts who are working towards personal goals instead of discipline specific apparatus guidelines. This is an extension of Intermediate Discipline specific programs and is a non-competitive option for members previously training within one of our other streams. This level is open through club invitation only.
- Advanced Level is recommended for gymnasts who have completed Target Intermediate OR are stepping back from an Advanced level or higher club competitive program.
Making a New Class Enrollment Request
Please read instructions below thoroughly and then proceed to our parent portal.
This course is opened for booking on first-come first-serve basis. Enrollment request will be approved in the order it is received. We are currently approving requests with some delays.
All Bookings are being made through our NEW parent portal. This means you will need to create a new account if you haven’t already done so in order to request a space. We are NOT currently taking any bookings by text or email.
Please reference the instructional video and steps for enrollment listed below first.
**We are no longer using the Gnobeo system for any bookings.**
Before requesting a class enrollment online, it is important you are aware of the following.
In order to request a class enrollment online via your parent portal account, you will be required to input your debit/credit card details giving recurring billing authorization to RGC. This means that when it is time to pay your term tuition, funds will automatically be drawn from your account. If you; however, choose not to save your card details during the process of requesting a class enrollment online, your request will not be complete and it will not reach us.
You will know that your enrollment request has been successful when you have checked out of the basket, saved your card details and continued to the end until the screen confirms that “Your registration has been successful”, meaning your request for enrollment has reached us and we are reviewing it. You will also receive same confirmation via E-mail.
While recurring term billing is our preferred method for payment of tuition, should you wish to make your payment via a different method, it is important you come and book your class in person at the club. The club will not book anyone in any class without either saved recurring billing details on account or an upfront payment.
In order to book in person, please create an account and add students to your account from home before coming to the club. An upfront payment of monthly tuition, Annual club Membership and Gymnastics Ireland membership via cash or cheque is required.
Note, we will not process any other payments using your saved payment information without prior authorization by you. We will, however, process payments for all overdue balances you have on the account at the time of approving your class enrollment as all members must be in good standing on their account before starting to train in the new season.
Following are the steps to request a class enrollment. We have created the VIDEO demonstration to ensure you are able to request your class at ease.
1. Watch our DEMONSTRATION VIDEO
2. Review class timetable, dates, fees
3. Identify and find the class you are going to be requesting based on your child’s recommended Class, Level, Age or previous experience
4. Login (or create NEW ACCOUNT in our Parent Portal & Add Student(s))
5. Find the class by searching for Day and Level (leave session and gender unspecified)
6. Request to book the class by checking out of the basket, adding your payment details and continuing until the screen says “Your registration completed successfully”
7. You will have received an E-mail with subject: “……. Class Enrollment Request”
8. Wait to receive ‘Class Enrollment Request Approved’ email or check enrollment status by going to ‘Enrollments’ in parent portal account
9. Please give us time to approve your request.