UPDATE – OCT 21st 2020
Due to Level 5 restrictions RGC will be suspending all training* and fees as of the 22nd of October. Training will resume once Level 5 restrictions are lifted. Autopay will not run as scheduled for November 2020.
More information regarding Virtual Training will be emailed to members.
*This is excluding SI carded athletes
UPDATE – JUNE 27TH 2020
We hope you are all excited to be back to training! Here at RGC we have been busy making some big changes to get everything ready to welcome you all back to classes. It may take a little bit of time to adjust to this new normal, but we are confident as a team it will come together with a bit of practice.
In Ballybrit we have spread out over 2 different buildings (less than 5 min drive apart) to create a new spread out atmosphere. Social Distancing is of paramount importance, so we are asking parents to please go through this with your kids at home before bringing them to the gym.
Updated Code of Conduct
All members will need to log in to the parent portal to accept updated policies including an updated Code of Conduct. This is in addition to an does not replace your original code of conduct. To read the term please click HERE.
There are sanitization points at all entrances and exits so gymnasts will be asked to clean their hands when they enter and exit. There are also designated sanitization stations located around both training halls. Gymnasts will be asked to clean their hands when moving apparatus (and the same applies to coaches!). Coaches will demonstrate and ask the gymnasts to take turns. Please explain the importance of this at home.
Staff – “No Contact” Approach
Staff will always maintain a min of 2 meters distance. This has two implications:
- All reception services are closed. We are dealing with email queries as quickly as possible. All payments should be made online using the parent portal. Staff signing in gymnasts will call the next person to come in and check their name as they clean their hands. Please wait at your designated point until you are called to enter. Only gymnasts can enter the buildings.
- Coaches will not be in physical contact with members – no spotting, holding hands etc. Gymnasts will only be asked to practice skills or drills that they can manage without physical support. Please remind your children if they are asked not to do something this is particularly important for safety.
There is one designated toilet in each training floor for gymnasts only. They will be shown this on their first day and access will be monitored. Toilets are for gymnasts only – there is no site access for others to use the toilet.
You will notice there are signs all around the buildings referring to:
- Hygiene (Washing hands, covering your mouth, using a tissue
- Social Distancing (2 meter markers on walkways, stairs, floor mats)
- Symptoms of Illness
These are the same types of HSE signs you will be used to seeing everywhere else. They are reminders, gymnasts will not be brought around on a tour of the signs but may have them pointed out as required. (i.e. when going to the toilet follow the instructions to wash your hands)
Under NO circumstances can anyone attend training if they are experiencing cold/flu symptoms OR if there is someone sick at home OR if they have been in close contact with someone who is sick, OR if an immediate family member is listed as a close contact.
- All coaches will be practicing self-screening daily and must submit a form before starting work. Staff have extremely strict protocol for coming to work. They would really appreciate if families are vigilant in this regard too!
- All families are being issued with a daily self-screening form HERE.
- You must complete this form at home prior to training for the foreseeable future. If this restriction changes, we will let you know. All siblings can be added to the same form. This also available on our website.
- We are asking families to complete this form at home and submit the morning of training to save time and avoid queuing in the gym or delaying classes starting. Please make sure you are also checking gymnasts for symptoms prior to entering the hall in case they become ill during the day / after submitting the form.
For contact tracing purposes we cannot allow make – up classes at this time. If you are going to be absent, please let us know.
Dealing with a Suspected Case
There have been designated Isolation Areas set up at each facility. These will be used if someone onsite starts to display symptoms during training. If someone starts to feel sick the following protocol will be implemented:
- They will be directed to sit in the Isolation Area and all staff will always maintain 2m distance
- The designated covid officer (DCO) will instruct them how to use a pre-packed set of PPE
- Under 13’s are not required to wear masks as per government guidelines. They may be asked to use a tissue to cover their mouth if coughing
- The designated covid officer will put on PPE
- They will use a contactless thermometer to check temperature and fill in a form listing all recognized symptoms and details and circumstances of the incident
- This form will be sent directly to our NGB as per GI regulations
- A Parent will be contacted by phone and a list of questions asked to determine if any additional services need to be contacted. The DCO will explain to you what steps need to be followed and how to access the facility to collect your child.
NOTE: All procedural steps will be carried out as required by our NGB for the foreseeable future. If you suspect you or your child are unwell DO NOT attend training. If these steps change, we will inform families. A deep clean of the impacted areas will be carried out following any suspected case. A strict log is kept of all circumstances and areas are closed off until staff are authorised to re-open.
Accidents and Incidents (non-covid related)
If an accident or incident occurs that requires coach attention (i.e. first aid) the following steps will be followed.
- Staff will put on PPE (separate area from suspected cases)
- A Gymnast will be assessed by a designated first aider or relevant staff member
- An incident form will be completed and filed in daily records
- If necessary, a parent will be contacted and instructed how to access and collect the child
Staff members have face shields / masks and gloves for dealing with accidents and incidents as social distancing cannot be maintained to assess or address the situation. Please explain this to your children so they are not upset if someone approaches them wearing PPE.
*NOTE: when wearing PPE staff will typically wear a face shield instead of a mask – this is to help maintain a level of friendliness so that children can see their mouth and facial expressions. Staff may not have this on if they are not in close contact with members or each other but need to be given time to prepare if coming into close contact again. Please wait at designated markers and do not approach staff by entering the building. If you can do your best to explain this to children, we would greatly appreciate it for everyone’s safety.
Here are some of the additional ways social distancing is being implemented:
- Drop Offs: Gymnasts will be let in through an assigned entrance point (see video)
- RGC Main Hall Entrance
- Racecourse Entrance Door A
- Racecourse Entrance Door B
These allocations will be sent out to each group in a group specific email. As gymnasts are being let in one at a time, they will be required to take off their shoes (if they have them) inside the door way and carry them to a designated parking spot by following markers on the floor. Whilst gymnasts are learning there may be a que so please maintain social distancing if standing outside the door.
- Collections: Gymnasts will be dismissed one at a time to parents outside a designated exit door (as above). They will have marked spots inside the training hall to maintain social distancing (like a shop que) but please be prompt in arriving for collection as we cannot have a crowd at the door.
- Club Access is strictly limited to pre-registered participants. Halls are only accessible by gymnasts at their designated class time.
- No external access to lobbies, toilets, or training areas
- No additions or substitutions to class rosters
- Class ratios and the number of classes have been drastically reduced. The national guidelines say no more than 50 people indoors but we are initially operating between 20-40 maximum persons (gymnasts & staff) at any time
- Staggered start and end times: as you have noticed on the timetables there are gaps and fewer classes running at the same start / finish times. This is to keep numbers on sight low and allow time for cleaning of workspaces between training groups.
NEW Racecourse Venue
For the racecourse venue the designated parking area is near the entrance for walking on the track (shown in video). You will be assigned a different entrance door to the building depending on whether your group is training upstairs or downstairs. These details will be sent in class specific emails prior to your first day of training. This is the same car park for dropping or collecting.
We recommend you watch this quick video guide that we have pulled together so you know what to expect when you arrive at the club – insert video link.
Thank you so much for your ongoing support and patience. We have received final government approval that behind closed doors/indoor sport can return to activity during phase 3 we are happy to inform you that we intend on re-opening the club for normal training starting on Monday the 29th of June 2020.
We appreciate there has been some concern over class allocations and as a club we understand that the training schedules being emailed will not suit all members. Every group has had some changes to their previous class allocations to create a new socially distanced training environment. This is a summer schedule and will be reviewed pending further national guidelines for September 2020. We are only offering spaces for the summer term at present.
Of course, for many, personal circumstances at home may have changed over the past few months please know that these timetables are for Phase 3 re-opening and we will be reviewing gym operations on a weekly basis in line with government and NGB guidelines in order to run the best possible program for each group. We have limited flexibility with group training times at the moment and really appreciate your understanding while we get back up and running.
We have taken these decisions after completing the Gymnastics Ireland (GI) Return to Sport (RTS) education, risk assessment & compliance process that has been conducted behind the scenes since the start of June. Through this GI led process we have developed a thorough club plan for operating in a covid-19 environment in line with the government ‘Roadmap to Reopening Society & Business’ (targeting Phases 3+ for indoor sport) in addition to the ‘Return to Work Safely’ protocol.
In completing the GI RTS process and declaring our compliance we have taken the following key steps to ensure the safety of our members:
- Appointed a staff member to act as Club Covid Lead: Sam Marciano
- A Covid Specific Contact Email: email@example.com
- Assigned Designated Covid Officers during all hours of operation in case as suspect case occurs during training.
- Attended the Gymnastics Ireland RTS Education & Compliance Webinar
- Completed a detailed club risk assessment and mitigation plan
- Adjusted the club setting to cater for social distancing
- Designated an ‘isolation area’ and process for dealing with any suspected cases
- Conducted induction training for all club staff
- Developed an enhanced club cleaning programme
Charges will be applied to your accounts soon and AutoPay will run on Wednesday the 1st of July 2020
We look forward to seeing you all again soon!